It was long overdue, but here it is: the Ultimate List of Shisha Places in Montreal, 2011 edition. All of these places have been compiled and put together by me, Saro, the self-proclaimed hookah king of Montreal. The 2009 list is here for your viewing pleasure.
My current favourite for the year? Café Hookah Lounge on St-Denis. You can catch me there every week or two enjoying a Green Apple + Mint combination, either with mint tea or a gin & tonic. The place is way too small, so make sure you go in early if you want to enjoy some hookah.
I haven’t been to every lounge on this list, so I welcome suggestions/corrections (including places I haven’t mentioned) to make this post up to date. In alphabetical order:
- Café Al-Dar
- Café Boudoir (new)
- Café Gitana
- Café Hookah Lounge
- Café Le Notre
- Café Sphinx
- Chez Zaza
- Habibi Restaurant Café: I’ve been to this place once (first time). It was decent.
- Lordia (Laval)
- La Palma Resto-Café
- Les Mentheurs
- Les Nuits du Sahara
- Restaurant Adonisia (Laval)
- Rex Café
- Taouk du Québec (Longueuil)
- Toot Café
- Volluume (Laval)
The following places are no more:
- Kafein: I have no idea what happened, but they supposedly stopped serving shisha. If anyone has any news or clues, I would like to hear about it. My first guess is they weren’t licensed.
- Orienthé: mentioned in the comments below by Lauren, this place no longer offers shisha.
What is your favourite place hookah/shisha lounge in Montreal?